Deputy - Sheriff's Office Patrol Division
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.80 Per Hour
- Posted Date:02/15/2016
Columbia County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications until the position is filled. Download an application at http://www.columbiacountyso.org/jobs or to obtain an application visit
2273 County Camp Road
650A Ronald Reagan Drive
Mail applications to
Columbia County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Glewnia Daniel
2273 County Camp Road
P.O. Box 310
Appling, GA 30802
or call 706-541-3937
Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is responsible for patrolling the county to prevent or observe criminal acts and traffic violations, enforcing state, federal, and local laws/ordinances and testifying in judicial proceedings and instituting community oriented policing concepts.
CHAIN OF COMMAND:
This position answers to a Patrol Division shift supervisor.
• Patrols assigned geographical area of the county.
• Answers calls for service.
• Apprehends and cites traffic law violators.
• Completes necessary paperwork.
• Conducts citizen contacts.
• Enforces criminal law.
• Preserves crime scenes for Investigations Division personnel.
• Assists stranded and lost motorists.
• Performs House Watches and Concentrated Patrols.
• Effectively communicates with the community to include neighborhood leaders.
• Maintains proactive approach to law enforcement.
• Attends neighborhood watch meetings as well as civic meetings/events in assigned beats.
• Identifies community/individual problems and needs and achieves solutions.
• Renders aid/assistance to local, state, and federal police agencies.
• Assists other county agencies/departments.
• Performs other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE OR SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Knowledge of county geography and roads.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws/ordinances.
• Knowledge of current law enforcement practices/procedures.
• Ability to communicate with the general public.
• Knowledge of the CCSO Directives and Procedures Manual.
• Knowledge of current community policing practices.
• Holds current Georgia P.O.S.T. peace officer certification or is able to attain certification.
• Associate Degree or that equivalent in training and experience.
• Must qualify on the standard CCSO Handgun/Rifle Qualification Course
• Must pass all drug screens.
• Has or is able to attain certification in the use of oleoresin capsicum (OC) spray.
BASIC PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Walking, running moderate distances, bending, reaching, and climbing stairs and ladders
• Lifting, dragging, and pulling objects and people
• Pushing and pulling heavy objects
• Use of hands/feet for self-defense and maintaining a moderate duration of force
• Use of restraining and control holds and/or restraining devices
Must meet appearance standards as set forth by the Sheriff.
Employee Signature Employee # Date
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”