Executive Assistant - Economic Development Authority - Position #787
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Annual Salary Range $34,863 - $60,539
- Posted Date:03/17/2017
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of administrative, operational, and planning activities for the Executive Director. The incumbent maintains department records.
The Executive Assistant must be dynamic, high-energy, organized, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast paced environment. The Executive Assistant must also possess excellent judgment and have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications from external and internal sources, organize and maintain administrative processes, and handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing travel itineraries, assisting with the department budget preparation, preparing financial documents, agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for County meetings, and conducting research.
The Executive Assistant will be required to be available during regular business hours and on occasion/as needed on evenings and/or weekends, to provide support and assistance to the Executive Director.
• Possesses the ability to anticipate the Executive Director’s needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources to support the Executive Director in addressing a variety of issues.
• Manages internal and external contacts for Executive Director, proactively understanding who they are and which should receive priority.
• Organizes programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issues information or invitations, coordinates speakers for events, and manages event budget.
• Ensures that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
• Composes correspondence/reports and/or email replies for the Executive Director.
• Prepares office payroll, expense reports, reimbursement requests, purchase requisitions, payment requests, and other department forms and documents.
• Understands organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
• Assists the Executive Director with development of material for speeches, prepares visual aids, and may occasionally make public presentations to organizations and special interest groups.
• Develops and recommends new communication methods and enhancements.
• Provides oversight of visual and audio electronic material production including maintenance of the Development Authority website.
• Develops agenda packages, prepares reports to Committees and Board, and records minutes of meetings as required.
• Prepares management and budget performance reports as required.
• Maintains miscellaneous and confidential files, and retention files in compliance with state/federal regulations.
• Assists internal and external auditors by providing data needed to complete audits.
• Assists in collecting statistical information needed for preparing RFI(s)/RFP(s).
• Prepares reports/documents to send to professional printers to be published.
• Inputs billing information into the computer system for processing.
• Processes and assists with requests for public information.
• Orders and maintains office supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reason¬able accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality of client and prospect files and information.
The individual will interact with business leaders in a local, state, and national level and must present a professional, business appearance and attitude.
Education and/or Experience
Five years of progressive and comprehensive experience in bookkeeping, office management, as an executive assistant or legal secretary is preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered for the minimum requirements.
Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, board members, prospects, and partners. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common tasks. Ability to effectively present information to management. Must excellent written, oral and presentation skills, and must maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
Ability to apply concepts of basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of basic accounting principles.
Must have proven skills in basic computer applications to include: internet, QuickBooks, web-based administration, social media, and Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Word, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations
Valid state driver’s license and current proof of vehicle insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, stoop, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Must be capable of lifting and moving a minimum of 5 lbs to a maximum of 25 lbs with minimum assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I have read and understand and am able to perform each of the requirements listed above.
Fax: (706) 868-3301