Columbia County Health Department
Linda Graves, R.N.
County Nurse Manager
1930 William Few Parkway
Please visit the East Central Public Health District web site for a complete listing of services and other important information.
The mission of the Georgia Department of Public Health is to prevent disease, injury and disability, promote health and well-being, and prepare for and respond to disasters.
To ensure the highest quality health education, health promotion, disease prevention and health services to the citizens of Columbia County.
The Columbia County Health Department assists the residents of Columbia County in achieving their highest level of health, independence, and self-sufficiency and enhance their quality of life by:
• Assisting with the development of sound health policies and plans
• Monitoring and assessing community health status and needs
• Partnering with communities and organizations
• Providing personal and population based services and education
• Enforcing laws and regulations that protect the health and safety of the community
• Providing population based data, vital statistics, and registries
• Gathering information through surveillance and investigation
• Disseminating wellness and health information
• Evaluating our effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of services
• Assuring a competent, sensitive, and responsive public health work force
• Providing a public health laboratory
• Researching innovative solutions for public health problems
Medical Alert System Reviews
Help in assisting you how to navigate the many options regarding medical alert systems. This website is a completely free resource that will help guide senior citizens and their families in choosing service that best suits their needs. The guide is filled with in-depth reviews, detailed comparisons, expert ratings and is very simple to use.