Our mission is to prevent fires, save lives and property.
For questions and concerns regarding Fire Marshal and/or Life Safety issues please contact:
Chief Fire Marshal
Deputy Fire Marshal - Supervisor
Deputy Fire Marshal
Plans Examiner/Deputy Fire Marshal
Licensing and Permits Supervisor
Our duties include enforcement of the Columbia County Fire Prevention code, Georgia Safety Fire commissioner's Rules and Regulations and the Georgia Accessibility Code.
We provide fire plan review, permits, and inspections on new and existing facilities and issue Certificate of Occupancies.
A) FIRE PLAN REVIEW
1) Site plan is reviewed during submittal to "Engineering Services Division, Plan Review."
2) Building Life Safety is reviewed during submittal to "Development Services Division, Building Standards."
3) Fire Alarm is reviewed separate from the building plan. Submit completed "Fire Alarm Plans Transmittal Letter."
4) Fire Suppression is reviewed separate from the building plan.
B) FIRE INSPECTIONS
1) New Construction: Fire Marshal 80% and 100% inspections are required. See "Required Fire Inspections Commercial" for inspection types.
2) Scheduling New Construction: 706-447-7733 or email at email@example.com between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and have your permit number available, type of inspection needed and your contact information.
3) Existing Building Life Safety Inspections are performed unannounced throughout the year. A report will be left with findings.
4) Business Self Inspection Prepare your existing business for a fire inspection: "Business Self Inspection"
C) CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
1) New Construction: Issued when all phases of work are complete and have passed inspections from all applicable departments.
2) Existing: Remains valid unless changing occupancy, major fire or alteration to the building.
D) FIRE WATCH
1) Required Fire Alarm/Sprinkler System or Exit out of service: Complete procedures noted in "IFC 901", Complete "Fire Watch Acknowledgement Form" and "Fire Watch Log." Submit forms as noted on attachments.
F) Safety Tips: Fire Safety Recommendations