P. O. Box 498
Evans, Georgia 30809
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (excluding holidays) 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Emergency After-Hours Contact: 706-564-6334
Risk Management is located in the Emergency Operations Center at 650-B Ronald Reagan Drive
To protect the assets of Columbia County while still allowing the county departments to effectively provide services to our citizens and recognizing that our employees are our most valuable asset, to provide a safe working environment for all employees of Columbia County.
We will work to identify all significant exposures and develop and administer appropriate programs to reduce potential liability and losses to Columbia County, thereby protecting our employees and property as well as providing a safe environment for the community we serve.
Risk Management is charged with the responsibility for:
- Identification of risk exposures from, or to, county operations and employees
- Analysis and elimination or reduction of these risks through task modification, safety training, personal protective equipment and other appropriate measures
- Loss Control through rapid, appropriate response to incidents and effective claim administration
- Coordination and management of an effective combination of risk financing options including cost retention and transfer through insurance or other effective means to provide for the best use and highest level of protection with limited resources
- To practice Risk Management in a manner that will provide for the highest level of customer service and expertise to county departments in matters relating to safety and loss control