Moving to Columbia County

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another neighborhood in Columbia County or to Columbia County from another county, there are details that need to be taken care of, such as water, garbage service and recycling, electricity and gas, telephone, Internet connections, television, and newspaper. Start here to find out more about what you need to do to complete your move.


You've decided on a house, now you need information on the neighborhood you've decided to move to:

For information about school districts, call the Board of Education at 706-541-0650.

To find out about neighborhood watches, call the Sheriff's Office Community Services Division at 706-541-2856.

To find out what commissioner's district you are in, call the Board of Elections at 706-868-3355.


For more information on Emergency Preparedness in Columbia County, visit the Emergency Management Agency web page or call 706-868-3303.


Water service is provided by the Columbia County Water Utility for Martinez and Evans residents, an unincorporated community. You may telephone the Customer Service Office at 706-863-6928 or drop by their office at 2140 William Few Parkway, Grovetown, between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. 

If you are moving to the City of Grovetown, water and sanitation services are provided by the city. You can contact Grovetown City Hall at 706-863-4576. If you are moving to the City of Harlem , you can contact Harlem City Hall at 706-556-3448. 


Columbia County does not provide garbage pick up service.  However, residents can contact the Customer Service & Information Center by calling 3-1-1 or 706-868-3375 for a list of service providers in Columbia County. For recycling information, please visit the Recycling web page or contact Jenny Hinson  at 706-312-7195.


For electric service:

Georgia Power - Residential Customer Service 1-888-660-5890 (option 8). Hours are Monday through Friday from 7 AM - 6 PM (EST) - 1-877-838-4918 - Explore Energy Rates


Georgia Natural Gas 1-877-850-6200

Scana Energy  1-877-GO-SCANA


For a list of service providers in our area, residents can contact the Customer Service & Information Center by calling 3-1-1 or 706-868-3375. 

Click on In My Area for additional service providers in our area.   


Augusta Chronicle is the local daily newspaper. Subscribe on line or call 1-866-249-8223.

Columbia County NewsTimes is delivered to Columbia County residents on Wednesdays and Sundays with the Augusta Chronicle or you can subscribe to it separately. Call 706-863-6165


There are many options when it comes to health care in this area.

The Columbia County Health Department is located at 1930 William Few Parkway, Grovetown and can be reached at (706) 868-3330.


All of the hospitals are located in Augusta:

Augusta University 

Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center

Doctors Hospital

Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center

East Central Regional Hospital

Trinity of Augusta

University Hospital


For tag information, contact the Tax Commissioners Motor Vehicle Division at 706-868-6884

For drivers license information, call the local Department of Drivers Services at 1-866-754-3687

For boat registration, call the Department of Natural Resources Office at 1-800-366-2661.

*Boat trailers are registered at the Tax Commissioners Motor Vehicle Division

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer