Rules for Visitation
Video visitation is used at the Columbia County Detention Center to visit with relatives, friends, or clients and can be done from any location that has a computer (or tablet, Android, or Apple smartphone), internet access, and a web camera on the device. Scheduling a video visitation can be done through Securus Technologies online or by calling 877-578-3658 for remote access. There is a charge for this service. The visitor (you) sets up the dates and times for the remote access visitation which can be scheduled up to 14 days in advance but must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance of the visit. It is up to the inmate to check the visitation kiosk in his/her housing unit for times of scheduled visits. If you do not wish to participate in remote access video visitation you may use the video visitation terminals in the Lobby of the Detention Center. These terminals are free of charge. Just come to the lobby of the Detention Center and check in with the Deputy in Reception. The Lobby option is based on availability due to already scheduled visits and may incur a lengthy wait time. All visitors and inmates are required to observe the following regulations at all times during visitation:
- All inmates assigned to permanent housing units, with the exception of those who have lost their visiting privileges through the disciplinary process, will be allowed to have three twenty-minute visits with friends or family weekly.
- For on-site visitation, visitors under the age of 18, except legal spouses of inmates, are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the visit. At no time will facility staff be permitted to supervise any visitor's children.
- Proper attire will be required for all visitors. Inappropriate clothing such as halter tops, swimwear, revealing clothing, see-through clothing, sleepwear, or any other clothing that may be deemed unacceptable will not be permitted.
- On-site visitors who appear to be under the influence of any intoxicant or display unruly behavior will not be permitted to visit and are subject to arrest.
- Visitors and inmates are required to display appropriate behavior during visits.
- On-site visitors are required to leave the visitation area upon announcement of the end of the visitation period or at any time as directed by a member of the Detention Facility staff.
Termination or Denial of Visit
Visits may be terminated or denied for violation of the visitation rules by visitors or inmates or when there is reason to believe the visit may not be in the best interest of the security and welfare of the Detention Center. In the event of a bona fide emergency situation or condition, visitation may be modified, restricted, or canceled until further notice.