Board of Elections
The Columbia County Board of Elections would like to remind voters of several precinct changes that went into effect August 23, 2023.
Here is a brief explanation:
2023 Precinct Changes for Columbia County
- Precinct 019/Columbia County Health Department has outgrown its current facility and has been split to create a new precinct 013/Grovetown Macedonia Church.
- Boundary changes were made to precincts 020/Harlem Branch Library and 024/Second Mt. Moriah Church to more equitably distribute voters based upon each facility’s size.
- Precincts 025/Bessie Thomas Community Center and 026/Philadelphia Methodist Church are being consolidated and voters will have a new polling location. 025/The Former Euchee Creek Library will be the name and location of the consolidated precinct.
- The location and name of precinct 034/Grove First Baptist Church changed to 034/Grovetown Branch Library.
- Boundary changes were made to 030/Liberty Park, 031/Grovetown Methodist Church, 033/Grovetown PSD#2, and the newly named 034/Grovetown Branch Library. These changes were made to balance voter populations between the existing precincts.
- In an effort to get out of the schools, precincts 061/Greenbrier High School and 064/ Grace Baptist Church were consolidated. 064/Grace Baptist Church will be the name and location of the consolidated precinct.
- Precincts 063/Riverview Church and 131/Journey Community Church are being consolidated in order to save resources as the same voting district encompasses both locations. 131/Journey Community Church will be the name and location of the consolidated precinct.
- Precinct 076/Marvin Methodist Church is being relocated to Westminster Presbyterian Church to accommodate growth in the county and allow for the utilization of additional voting equipment. 076/Westminster Presbyterian Church will be the name and location of this precinct.
- Precincts 080/Westside Baptist Church and 090/Abilene Baptist Church are being consolidated in order to save resources. 090/Abilene Baptist Church will be the name and location of the consolidated precinct.
- The location and name of precinct 120/Goldcross changed to 120/Harvest Pointe Fellowship and voters will vote at Harvest Pointe Fellowship.
- In an effort to get out of the schools, precincts 111/Lakeside Middle School and 136/Blue Ridge Elementary School were consolidated, and the name and polling place is now 136/Columbia County Board of Education Support Complex and voters from both former locations will now go to the CCBOE Support Complex. 136/CCBOE Support Complex will be the name and location of the consolidated precinct.